To strengthen the entrepreneurial community though education, social capital growth, and mentorship.
· Creating an environment where everyone feels welcome.
· Providing support - help you start a new business and your business grow.
· Creating a business support community inside our program - we love seeing our entrepreneurs work together.
· Changing the status quo - people from all walks of life have great ideas; our job is to help push those ideas forward.
· Not being afraid to fall with flair - we love taking risks when they make sense.
Empower by GoDaddy in partnership with Jane Boyd is a social impact program equipping entrepreneurs in underserved areas with the training, tools and resources that they need to start a new business. Empower by GoDaddy primarily focuses on Cedar Rapids and the surrounding areas. As the program continues to grow, so does the geographical footprint.
GoDaddy is the lead partner and sponsor of Empower by GoDaddy in partnership with Jane Boyd. GoDaddy partners with leading nonprofits to provide community-based programs and virtual learning experiences and GoDaddy volunteers globally. Empower focuses on boosting the skills and knowledge of entrepreneurs through customized training, GoDaddy mentors, and coaches so they can bolster their small business’ digital presence and gain other critical business skills.
· Boost entrepreneur’s skills and knowledge to fuel their independent ventures.
· Provide robust skill-building experiences from website development from branding to social media and more.
· Engage the expertise, compassion and energy of GoDaddy’s employees to help entrepreneurs leverage the power of the internet to strengthen their online presence.
· Foster meaningful relationships among entrepreneurs to provide support, advice and networks.
· Empower a universe of entrepreneurs to share and learn from one another every step of their journey.
· Rally behind entrepreneurs as they strive to pursue their passion and support their families.
· Provide a robust curriculum on topics relating to digital literacy.
· Employee volunteers to teach the curriculum and mentor small business owners 1-on-1 during phase two of workshops.
· Free GoDaddy products to program participants.
GoDaddy for Good uses corporate donations, partnerships, advocacy, and volunteerism to enrich the communities in which we work, live, and play.
Our mission is to enhance the academic, emotional and social well-being of children and families in our diverse community with programs focused on developing successful and productive adults.
We offer a variety of programs, including the Achievement Academy and PATHS, to help youth and families succeed in our communities through academic, emotional and social support.
In 2017, Jane Boyd served 75 participants through the career-readiness program PATHS, almost 4,000 individuals at the Harambee House, and hundreds of others through additional youth and family programming.
We encourage you to explore our website to learn more.
Sign up to hear from us about specials, sales, and events.